Primary School Deputy Principal
What are we looking for?
We cannot create tomorrow’s leaders without the help of successful educators. Radley Private School is looking for a passionate Deputy Principal for our primary school who lives the spirit of Radley by nurturing individual entrepreneurs (which is what Radley calls learners).
What does a Primary School Deputy Principal do?
The Deputy Principal is a caring leader who tirelessly serves all Radley entrepreneurs. He or she assists the Principal in managing the school and promoting the education of all Radley Entrepreneurs. He or she is responsible for complete and total awareness of all administrative procedures across the complete range of school activities and functions within the Primary School. The Deputy Principal has a fiduciary duty to Radley Primary School in the execution of all functions, and is required to nurture a positive team culture of humble, respectful service.
What kind of person makes a good Primary School Deputy Principal?
You must be a disciplined, structured and experienced deputy principal within the primary school space. You should be the kind of person who revels in producing quality work of a world-class standard. Strong leadership qualities are non-negotiable; a deputy principal in our school context is, at all times, critically aware of teacher performance, learner performance and school performance.
You need to be a kind, nurturing person who possesses assertive communication skills. A love for entrepreneurship and a real passion for education are vital.
What are the minimum requirements you need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree/diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- Compliance with all fit-and-proper status requirements for a deputy principal as determined by legislation from time to time
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the management of schools
- Familiarity with the CAPS curriculum for applicable teaching subjects
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- SACE registration is vital
- A real interest in, and passion for, entrepreneurship critical; experience in own entrepreneurial endeavour is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken communication English language ability
- Computer literacy – must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence