Senior Phase IT Educator
What are we looking for?
We cannot create tomorrow’s leaders without the help of successful educators. Radley Private School is looking for a passionate IT/CAT educator (whom we call guides) for our high school who lives the spirit of Radley through proudly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (which is what we call our learners within our private-education context).
What does a Radley guide do?
A guide is a caring educator and a teachinig role at Radley demands more than what is expected of the traditional classroom teacher, hence the term “guide”. Radley guides provide quality education that infuses the critical entrepreneurial skills (emotional, technical and experiential) into the content of their subjects – the skills that are required of entrepreneurs facing real-world challenges and obstacles.
The Radley guide is genuinely enthusiastic about the prospect of guiding our young entrepreneurs, understanding that a Radley education equips them with tangible business and critical life skills, shifting them beyond conventional career paths. The Radley guide possesses a firm grasp of, and passion for, creating entrepreneurial learning experiences that are vibrant, enjoyable and applicable to the future world-of-business that our entrepreneurs will enter. The Radley guide is a premium brand ambassador for both Radley Private School and Canden Schools (a division of Raizcorp) and applies the highest level of care in the execution of all functions.
What are the minimum requirements?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree/diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- A strong background and experience in IT/CAT senior phase teaching
- SACE registration is vital
- A minimum of three years’ teaching experience
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavor is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English and Afrikaans language ability
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of groupwork teaching strategies
- Computer literacy – must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence